Selling Your Home
Selling your home may be new and exciting, but it demands a lot of work and patience. All those little problems that you let go for so long need to be fixed immediately. Not to mention a whole floor to ceiling cleaning job needs to be completed before you can show your home. However, before you start to hold open houses you need to consider a few things:
- Are you ready / prepared to sell?
- What costs will be involved when selling your home?
- What is the best time to list your property?
- Decide whether to sell your home yourself, or hire a professional.
- When hiring a professional ask family or friends for referrals of real estate agents.
- Seek legal representation.
- Consider the effects of moving could have on your taxes.
- Why are you selling your home?
- Are you in a hurry to move?
When you have decided that you are prepared and ready to sell, you and your agent (if hired) will need to settle on an asking price for your home. You won’t want to price too high and turn potential buyers away, but you don’t want to price too low and limit yourself from profit. Here are some things to consider when settling on a price for your home:
- Your location.
- The condition of your house.
- Economic and market conditions.
- Your homes extra’s – pool, fireplace, central air, etc.
- How much is your home worth?
- Consider the market conditions.
Open houses may sometimes be inconvenient and stressful but they are a necessary step in the selling process. In order to attract as many buyers as possible you will want to make your home as inviting as it can be. It pays to strap on your rubber gloves and do a thorough cleaning of everything. Here are a few tips to help your home sell faster:
- Make your home look presentable and clean.
- The first impression should be a good one.
- Fix any repairs that might need to be done.
- Not only does the inside need cleaning, but your yard or garden does as well.
- Exposure – The more you advertise your house the more opportunities of potential buyers seeing it.
Looking for the services of a Realtor, please call me Bill Wong at 780-455-4181 or email me at email@example.com